Business Manager & Clerk
Purpose: Provide care and custody of all records and documents for the special Education Cooperative (FSEC), to ensure efficient, lawful operation of the Special Education Cooperative. To accomplish these tasks, the business manager must work close with the Cooperative Director., Clerk of the county Superintendent, Board Chair and Management Board. The job goals are to assure the smooth and efficient operation of the Flathead Special Education Cooperative.
Responsible to: Director and the Management Board of the Flathead Special Education Cooperative.
1. Background in financial or accounting services.
2. At least three years accounting/bookkeeping/payroll experience required.
3. Working knowledge of multiple software programs, i.e., Microsoft Office, and knowledge of the state school software helpful.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills, good public relation skills, and the ability to work well with others required.
5. A strong understanding of computer and other tech needs is extremely helpful.
Salary: Based on experience.
Based on 220 days and 35 hours per week.
1. Serve as Chief Fiscal officer for the Flathead Special Ed. Co-op.
2. Support and assist the Director in running and maintaining FSEC School.
3. Maintain financial records to ensure efficient operation of FSEC in accordance with the financial administration of the State of Montana.
4. Provide care and custody of the records, books, and documents of FSEC to ensure efficient and lawful operation. This includes, but not limited to employee files, accounts payable and receivables, all minutes from meetings, and student information.
5. In charge of ordering supplies and educational materials for FSEC.
6. Develop and administer the annual budget in collaboration with the Director to ensure efficient operation of FSEC.
7. Facilitate Medical Health and Insurance Benefits understanding for staff and serve on the Board of the Health Consortium.
8. Facilitate Property and Auto Insurance, as well as maintain records of FSEC vehicles.
9. Facilitate Staff contracts and Master Agreement.
10. Facilitate inter-local agreements.
11. Prepare for and attend monthly Management Board meetings and take minutes.
12. Monthly payroll for staff.
13.Work with State of Montana Agencies for financial grants and funding.
14. Prepare for annul audit and later needed materials.
15. Work with outside agencies for various activities, i.e., nursing, Medicaid billing, and others as they arise.
16. Operate office machines and equipment effectively.
17. Maintain substitute calling lists and records of employment.
18. Support all staff and related service providers.
19. Demonstrate ability to be flexible and productively handle other tasks as assigned.
Physical Requirements/ Environmental Conditions
1. Requires prolonged sitting or standing, lifting and twisting to maneuver equipment, supplies and/or other objects to complete tasks.
2. Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
3. Greet the public professionally and cordially.